Forensic DNA Officer (Temporary - Up to 12 months) in Stafford
- Ownership of relevant policy & procedures, facilitating audits, proficiency testing, resolving non-conformances and corrective actions within the quality management system.
- Enforcing ISO 17025 accreditation standards for DNA examination and recovery.
- Acting as professional expert for DNA recovery, submission and examination; providing advice and issuing guidance around DNA activity to investigating officers and other staff members.
- Ensuring all samples are submitted in line with retention guidelines/policies.
- Acting as the Force Approved Officer for implementing and maintaining Elimination Databases.
- Biometric Vetting of new recruits.
- Managing databases and providing figures for national collation.
- Keeping up to date with the latest research and development and standards that may be relevant to DNA evidence
- Scientific and/or forensic discipline
- Excellent communication skills to communicate about real issues and solutions
- Problem solving
- Ability to assimilate scientific technical advice to address issues
- Ability to make informed decisions based on scientific advice and sound professional judgement
- Knowledge of the appropriate ISO Quality Standards and the FSR’s Codes of Practice and Conduct
- Travel to other locations may be required, so driving licence preferred